What is Good Mileage on a Used Car?
Many used car shoppers are looking for low-mileage cars that are still in great condition. While many experts suggest that Freehold-area car shoppers should stay away from a used car with more than 100,000 miles, this isn’t a hard rule to follow. If the car received excellent care and was well maintained over the years, it still can be an excellent purchase. There are factors Toms River drivers should think about when they are shopping around for a pre-owned vehicle, this includes condition, usage, and location. Learn more in this handy guide from Galaxy Toyota.
The Smart Way to Shop for a Used Car
While many car buyers want to know what is considered good mileage for used cars, there are other things to look at in addition to the mileage:
- Usage – A car driven 75,000 miles in stop and go traffic will wear down sooner than one that has racked up 75,000 miles on the open highway. It’s recommended that drivers get the previous owner’s driving history before buying the car.
- Location – Vehicles that have been driven in a locale that has a dry, warm climate undergo less stress than vehicles from areas that have a cold, wet climate.
- Condition – Have a certified mechanic to inspect the vehicle to determine if there are any issues, such as mechanical problems or rust, that will need to be dealt with. Figure this cost into your budget.
- Maintenance – Check the maintenance history of the vehicle to ensure that it has been kept up to date on routine services like oil changes. Irregular service history can be a sign of expensive problems in the future.
Mileage vs. Age
A newer car with high mileage may well be a better choice than much older, low-mileage cars. Make sure to take these factors into account when buying:
- A car that hasn’t been driven regularly will often have higher repair costs. Mechanical issues, or problems with rubber seals and gaskets, can develop if a car isn’t driven on a regular basis.
- A vehicle with a well-documented maintenance history is preferable to one that has been neglected.
- Low-mileage vehicles often come with a higher price tag.
A certified pre-owned vehicle is worth the consideration if your goal is to buy a like-new, low-mileage vehicle.
Find Low-Mileage Cars in Eatontown!
Find a large inventory of low-mileage cars in Eatontown! At Galaxy Toyota, we’ll explore our inventory to help you find the quality used vehicle that’s best suited for your driving needs and budget. Peruse our new vehicle specials for an unbeatable deal on your next purchase. Contact us today if you have any questions or if you would like to schedule a test drive.
More from Galaxy Toyota
The 2021 Toyota RAV4 brings incredible capability, comfort, and a suite of features to your Long Branch drives, but can you customize it to meet your personal style? With eight exterior RAV4 color options and three interior colors with two fabric choices, drivers can build their Toyota RAV4 so that it matches their needs and their…
The 2021 Toyota Tundra is turning heads all around Eatontown! If you’re thinking about buying a new Toyota Tundra, you probably want to know about the Toyota Tundra engine, capabilities, and more. Galaxy Toyota can help. From its impressive power, strength, and fuel economy, to its style and more, the Toyota Tundra specs are sure…
The Toyota Camry hardly needs an introduction, as it’s been one of the most popular sedans in Eatontown and across America for a long time. But how long do Toyota Camrys last? And how many miles can a Toyota Camry last? This ever-important question is explored below by Galaxy Toyota, with some help from expert surveys….
The Toyota 4Runner is an SUV not quite like any other. Eatontown drivers who choose this vehicle can give it an even more unique look with the many available Toyota 4Runner colors. Which will you choose? Galaxy Toyota covers the Toyota 4Runner colors for the exterior and interior, plus information on special editions, in the article…