What is Good Mileage on a Used Car?
Many used car shoppers are looking for low-mileage cars that are still in great condition. While many experts suggest that Freehold-area car shoppers should stay away from a used car with more than 100,000 miles, this isn’t a hard rule to follow. If the car received excellent care and was well maintained over the years, it still can be an excellent purchase. There are factors Toms River drivers should think about when they are shopping around for a pre-owned vehicle, this includes condition, usage, and location. Learn more in this handy guide from Galaxy Toyota.
The Smart Way to Shop for a Used Car
While many car buyers want to know what is considered good mileage for used cars, there are other things to look at in addition to the mileage:
- Usage – A car driven 75,000 miles in stop and go traffic will wear down sooner than one that has racked up 75,000 miles on the open highway. It’s recommended that drivers get the previous owner’s driving history before buying the car.
- Location – Vehicles that have been driven in a locale that has a dry, warm climate undergo less stress than vehicles from areas that have a cold, wet climate.
- Condition – Have a certified mechanic to inspect the vehicle to determine if there are any issues, such as mechanical problems or rust, that will need to be dealt with. Figure this cost into your budget.
- Maintenance – Check the maintenance history of the vehicle to ensure that it has been kept up to date on routine services like oil changes. Irregular service history can be a sign of expensive problems in the future.
Mileage vs. Age
A newer car with high mileage may well be a better choice than much older, low-mileage cars. Make sure to take these factors into account when buying:
- A car that hasn’t been driven regularly will often have higher repair costs. Mechanical issues, or problems with rubber seals and gaskets, can develop if a car isn’t driven on a regular basis.
- A vehicle with a well-documented maintenance history is preferable to one that has been neglected.
- Low-mileage vehicles often come with a higher price tag.
A certified pre-owned vehicle is worth the consideration if your goal is to buy a like-new, low-mileage vehicle.
Find Low-Mileage Cars in Eatontown!
Find a large inventory of low-mileage cars in Eatontown! At Galaxy Toyota, we’ll explore our inventory to help you find the quality used vehicle that’s best suited for your driving needs and budget. Peruse our new vehicle specials for an unbeatable deal on your next purchase. Contact us today if you have any questions or if you would like to schedule a test drive.
More from Galaxy Toyota
The 2023 Toyota Tundra is stealing hearts in Freehold and beyond for its handsome, muscular build and impressive towing capabilities. But what can you expect from the 2023 Tundra interior? Let’s just say you won’t want to get out of the driver’s seat after your test drive in Eatontown! Galaxy Toyota has all the details…
Are you looking for a fuel-efficient sports car to flaunt on Freehold roads? The 2023 Toyota Supra is perfect for you! When searching for a sports car, customers tend to struggle to find one that also has good mpg ratings and won’t cost them multiple trips to the gas station each week. The new Toyota…
From its distinctive silhouette to its bold two-tone color options, the 2022 Toyota RAV4 makes strong first impressions as soon as it rolls up on Freehold streets. So, what can you expect when you step into the Toyota RAV4 interior? From the Toyota RAV4 interior colors to its suite of comfort and connectivity features,…
In a world of skyrocketing gas prices, more and more Freehold drivers are making the switch to fuel-efficient vehicles like the Toyota Corolla. So, what is the mpg of a Toyota Corolla? The 2022 Toyota Corolla mpg reaches an impressive 53 mpg city and 52 mpg highway* for the Hybrid LE configuration. Yes, you…