What is Good Mileage on a Used Car?
Many used car shoppers are looking for low-mileage cars that are still in great condition. While many experts suggest that Freehold-area car shoppers should stay away from a used car with more than 100,000 miles, this isn’t a hard rule to follow. If the car received excellent care and was well maintained over the years, it still can be an excellent purchase. There are factors Toms River drivers should think about when they are shopping around for a pre-owned vehicle, this includes condition, usage, and location. Learn more in this handy guide from Galaxy Toyota.
The Smart Way to Shop for a Used Car
While many car buyers want to know what is considered good mileage for used cars, there are other things to look at in addition to the mileage:
- Usage – A car driven 75,000 miles in stop and go traffic will wear down sooner than one that has racked up 75,000 miles on the open highway. It’s recommended that drivers get the previous owner’s driving history before buying the car.
- Location – Vehicles that have been driven in a locale that has a dry, warm climate undergo less stress than vehicles from areas that have a cold, wet climate.
- Condition – Have a certified mechanic to inspect the vehicle to determine if there are any issues, such as mechanical problems or rust, that will need to be dealt with. Figure this cost into your budget.
- Maintenance – Check the maintenance history of the vehicle to ensure that it has been kept up to date on routine services like oil changes. Irregular service history can be a sign of expensive problems in the future.
Mileage vs. Age
A newer car with high mileage may well be a better choice than much older, low-mileage cars. Make sure to take these factors into account when buying:
- A car that hasn’t been driven regularly will often have higher repair costs. Mechanical issues, or problems with rubber seals and gaskets, can develop if a car isn’t driven on a regular basis.
- A vehicle with a well-documented maintenance history is preferable to one that has been neglected.
- Low-mileage vehicles often come with a higher price tag.
A certified pre-owned vehicle is worth the consideration if your goal is to buy a like-new, low-mileage vehicle.
Find Low-Mileage Cars in Eatontown!
Find a large inventory of low-mileage cars in Eatontown! At Galaxy Toyota, we’ll explore our inventory to help you find the quality used vehicle that’s best suited for your driving needs and budget. Peruse our new vehicle specials for an unbeatable deal on your next purchase. Contact us today if you have any questions or if you would like to schedule a test drive.
More from Galaxy Toyota
The newest RAV4 is here and car buyers from Freehold to Toms River are interested in seeing the Toyota RAV4 reviews from those who have had the opportunity to explore the capable, family-friendly crossover. Car and Driver raved about the attractive, rugged styling and the plethora of state-of-the-art safety features that come standard, while Edmunds enjoyed…
If you’re in the market for a work van, cargo van, or commercial vehicle, Galaxy Toyota is here to help. The Ram Promaster Cargo van is perfect for companies looking for a vehicle that their drivers can depend on as they travel all the way to Long Branch and back to Freehold. Read on to learn more…
We understand that drivers in the market are searching for reliable cars that will get them from Eatontown to Long Branch safely and in style. The 2020 Toyota Corolla is not only sold at a reasonable price, but the Corolla safety tech also seals the deal when it comes to choosing a vehicle to get the…
The Toyota Prius family is growing, with three hybrid models including a Prius plug-in hybrid option. It’s a smart pick for Freehold drivers looking for an eco-friendly and wallet-friendly hatchback. Compare Prius models below, thencontact us for a test drive at Galaxy Toyota to take the next step toward an amazing fuel economy. View Prius Inventory…